Are you ready to be an entrepreneur?
In Fall 2014, the Digital Media and Gaming Incubator at George Brown College launched the youth entrepreneurship program called the Empowered Youth Startup Hub. Please note that the program is now ended.
About the Program
The Empowered Youth Startup Hub is designed to provide youth with the skills and training to help them become successful entrepreneurs.
Participants will learn through a series of workshops, seminars and site visits focused on business and entrepreneurial skills development as well as mentorship support.
The Empowered Youth Startup Hub training program is available in the Fall or Winter semester. The dates for the program are as follows:
- Fall program: September 15th – December 12th, 2014
- Winter program: January 12th – April 10th, 2015
At the end of the program, participants will gain business knowledge, draft a business plan and present their business idea to a panel of judges for an opportunity to receive a $3,000 business grant toward their business start-up. The Grand Prize winner will be eligible to receive additional funding through the City of Toronto’s Starter Company program.
Applicants seeking admission to the Empowered Youth Startup Hub are required to be:
- An Ontario resident between the ages of 18 and 29
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Available for 12 weeks of training including seminars, workshops, site visits, boot camps and mentorship
- Ineligible for other self-employment programs, such as the Ontario Self-Employment Benefit
- Not enrolled as a full time student
Please note that an emphasis will be placed on youth from High Needs Communities and/or Vulnerable Populations.
Please note that applications are now closed for Winter 2015.
The Empowered Youth Startup Hub is funded by the Province of Ontario. More information is available about the program at www.ontario.ca/readysetwork.