Programming Assistant, Special Events & Projects
The Digital Media and Gaming Incubator in the School of Design supports entrepreneurial initiatives at George Brown College and is currently seeking a Programming Assistant for the coordination and delivery of special events (Digifest) and projects.
Assists with planning and execution of event programming which includes outreach, event logistics, communications, administration and marketing.
An exciting opportunity for a candidate with excellent organizational and event planning of conferences/festivals experience.
- Conducts research on speakers, artists, schools to participate at Digifest
- Develops and delivers information for sponsors/speakers/exhibitors/volunteers/startups
- Maintain ongoing communications and coordination with tenants, clients and guests in a professional manner
- Prepares content for communication materials (ie. Newsletter, blogs, social / digital media content, reports, etc)
- Support logistics of special events and projects
- Lead weekly updates to clearly communicate event logistics and troubleshoot issues proactively with the team
- Other duties as required
Skills and Experience
– Successful completion of a program in arts/event planning or a related discipline along with a min. of three years work experience.
– Event logistics experience an asset
– Applicants must have the ability to work independently and take initiative along with superior problem solving skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills, time management, organizational and writing skills are required.
– Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office
– Some evening and weekend work may be required for special events. Candidates must be available to work a min. of 3 days per week. Temporary/part time contract position (up to 24 hours per week)
Interested applications are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org